Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We like these cookies.......A LOT!



My baby likes to help me cook. Especially when we make edibles like these. There is a process that has to be followed very carefully or they won't turn out right.





First, one must take the wrappers off of all the peanut butter cups.



When you have little fingers this takes awhile.





After the wrapper is off it looks like this.




The peanut butter cup then goes in here. With the rest of it's family. This is a close family. I can tell. I'd like to be a part of this family. I'd like to rub shoulders with them.





Every so often one must test making sure there aren't any duds lurking about. It is a random test. None of the peanut butter cups know which will be taken. It's a tough job but this native is up to the challenge.



He's chosen one.......and the verdict is?........It's a good one!



The evidence is quickly wiped away on the front of your shirt. Remember, this is random testing. The peanut butter cups should never suspect.





While the peanut butter cups are being unwrapped and randomly tested the peanut butter cookie dough is being made, scooped and rolled into 1 inch balls and placed in a little mini muffin pan like this one. Then popped into the oven to deepen their tan.





As the cookies are baking the process of clean up begins. The scraping of the bowl. A bowl which the mommy doesn't ever scrape quite clean enough leaving largish pieces behind for the baby native to take care of. I firmly believe that one shouldn't do everything for one's baby. How else would they learn to be independent and self reliant?




Someone needs to teach this native some manners. This is twice now he's showed us the contents of his mouth.



After the cookies have reached their desired golden color, you immediately set to work placing the peanut butter cups on top and carefully pushing, smoosh the melting cups down until they are level with the top of the cookie. Let the cookies cool and then stand back as the local yokels descend on them like a swarm of locusts during a plague.

11 comments:

  1. They look divine! Chocolate and PB--a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right Tamra, they are divine. Choc. and peanut butter are truly matches made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. let me guess. they are all gone from conference??? darn, knew I should have come over!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I'm wondering how our natives stay so lovely and slender. Dang DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious! I'm going to need to make some with my kids soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm... those look so delicious! I'm defiantly going to make those with my kids.

    Oh yes, speaking of cookies. My mom and I bought some cookies from one of your natives. Will they be here soon?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julie, I believe the cookies come in tomorrow if I read the school announcements correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE love LOVE those cookies. They're best straight from the fridge. Bring me some???

    ReplyDelete
  9. You betcha Ginna. I'll be right on over. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh come ON! Rude! You don't even give the recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!