Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Philosophical thoughts........sort of........

I've made this statement before so it isn't new but my new theme is: "Come what may, and love it" taken from a giant among men who has passed on to the next life but left me with an incredible gift. In our church twice a year we are blessed with being able to sit for an entire weekend at the feet so to speak of living apostles of our Savior Jesus Christ and partake of their wisdom and counsel. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin gave this talk and considering where I was at in my life at the time, (flat on my back in bed after having brushed with death itself) this talk really hit and sank home.

Since hearing this talk and trying to take it to heart my life has changed for the better. Being forced to slow down, taking each day, and moment at a time will do that to a person.

We see and hear the saying, "Live, Laugh, Love".......something to the effect of that and I used to think, "well ya, that would be nice but I'm in a bit of a hurry here. Got kids to feed, places to take them, things for them to do"! Well, when you're forced to put on the breaks, stop, and take stock of the price of each and every move you are going to make that day all of a sudden things I thought were important aren't so much anymore. Many things became too expensive time and health wise.

So, my apologises if you come over and things are looking shabby 'round here. It may just be that I had the option to buy a clean kitchen that day or a day spent reading with my kids........looking at the mess.....you know which one I chose to spend my energy on.


Live like there's no tomorrow. Sing like no one is listening. Dance like no one is watching. Laugh like you've never heard the joke. Love like you've never been hurt.


7 comments:

  1. TOTALLY get where you are coming from on that one. We've been doing a lot of reassessing ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Mae Mae. You would get where I'm coming from. Brings "life/live" in a whole new perspective doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! I find that often I need to slow down and enjoy life in the moments instead of jumping from one thing to the next. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's just important to sometimes remember what's really important. So much more important. I like the attitude!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel, I know what you mean. I too have had some health issues. It is hard enough when you have a child that has problems! I live each day to the fullest as best I can.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrystal, you of all people will know exactly how difficult life is right now. Yes, you with your sweet Hunter. Us, with our Levi and then mom with health problems on top........it makes life a bit of a struggle but we're tough right?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful sentiments Rachel, thank you!!. Last week we just bought a little sign with the saying "Live Laugh Love." I have been having the same thoughts this month as well....And in six weeks living laughing and loving will be so much easier.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!