Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring has sprung!



My family in MT are still "enjoying" winter. This morning when I went outside I thought it would be real nice of myself to take some photos of spring beauty and send to them.



Give em something to look forward to you know? Cuz winter can seem really long in MT.



Especially when you have family in states that are a little further south that keep bragging about their warm temperatures and all of the pretty flowers and blossoms that are showing forth their splendor.




Not that I would do that. That would be mean. In fact, it would never even cross my mind to rub something like this in. It isn't like they can help that yesterday they woke up covered in snow and I woke up to such a display of color.



I'm just sharing the love you know! It's all about love. Breathe in...breathe out....can you feel the love?



I've always been the peacemaker, the gift giver in our family. It's what I do! I'm not bragging or anything it just comes naturally to me. I see something beautiful and I want to share it.



I eat something scrumptiously death by chocolate divine and without even thinking about it I want to call my family and let them know what I am eating that is so incredibly good! Some think I'm rubbing it in but I think they have a really negative outlook on life. I'm just sharing. I'm a giver!




It is hard being misunderstood all of the time but being the peace giver I feel that if I just keep on giving eventually everyone will see that I'm just full of love and have absolutely no intention of making my family jealous that I have such beautiful spring blooms in my yard while they are still brown, grey, and mud.



It must be so difficult waking up day after day to grey skies and brown grass.



All of the branches of the trees looking like gnarled freaks of terror in a horror movie scratching on a poor hapless soul all alone during a stormy night.



Flower beds with the remains of last years skeletal remains scattered about on a bed of mud.




It gets downright depressing!



So family in MT cheer up my lovies. Someday you can have such beauty in your yards just like me.




In the meantime, I'll just keep sending you my love filled photos to tide you over.



Because I love you sooooo much and want you to be happy. Cuz I am so nice that way. I spend each and everyday thinking of ways to brighten your day and awash you in my love.




Or, if these photos are killing you..........



You could just come and visit me and see for yourselves!!!!!! I mean, I don't want to pressure you or anything but it has been awhile and your sallow skin could use some rosiness. Not that I care. I'm okay with sallow and I love you no matter what you look like I just know that if you spent some time in the sun and among fresh flowers you'd be so much happier. I promise, I'm only thinking of you. I realize it comes across to others who may be reading this that this is all about me, and my needs, and wants, and selfishness but they don't know me like you do do they? They don't know that there isn't a selfish bone in my body. I'm innocent! They probably read this and thought I was being a snot nosed sister/daughter and was trying to rub in my yard banquet. Sniff! Snort! Never!

10 comments:

  1. I have to congratulate Rachel on the beautiful and even artistic set of pictures from our yard. Considering the older and stubborn camera she works with, I am very impressed. It's the kind that makes up its own mind on what it wants to focus on and when it wants to take the picture. We are at the mercy of its less than accomodating computer chipless brain.

    Thankfully the flowers are not as camera shy and mobile as our Levi who never stops moving long enough for our camera to focus. We need a professional sports camera with to catch Levi's action.

    -Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you all see why "Mr. Anonymous" melts my heart.......

    Thank you for such a sweet comment. You just made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so misunderstood....sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually thinking about the prune cake you had us eat...Ive only been apart of the family a short time but sharing chocolate goodness I have not yet seen...I wouldnt give you a gold star for making me eat prune cake!! "giving"...hmmm depends on if we are "wanting"...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all that you said about the sun and being warm and seeing flowers. In fact, that is why Mom and I are going to Hawaii not only for the sum, flowers and warm weather but to see the ocean and the waves and smell the fresh air (they don't have an iron mill next door).

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Dad! I'm so excited! When do we leave???

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm jealous and I live in the same city. Beautiful pics, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rachel, I can see you are Sooooooo misunderstood by your family. That is truly a sad thing. But you can't have it all. After all, you DO have Mr. Wonderful! Also know as your SM, and Mr. Anonymous, etc. I do see where you get your "giving" nature as it seems your Dad has taken care of the "needs" as you saw them, and I'm sure their "sallowness" will be relieved. I'm sure you will be very happy for them! Since that's what the truly giving person would do!

    Love you!

    Oh, and YES! The pictures are amazing....nice work with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! True Jody. These do look more like IL photos than UT photos for April don't they?

    I WISH I could pull a fast one and come and visit!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!