Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, April 10, 2009

Passover




Last night we had our very unkosher Seder.



I say unkosher because I do not want to give the impression that we were irreverent. It is a night of teaching the natives their heritage and though the different prayers were not said as it would be sacrilegious and disrespectful we explained as we went and told the story of the Jews and their flight from Egypt.

I'm afraid that I have bad news for my first born. If we had lived back in the day...and were slaves to Pharaoh......my son would have died in the plague.




I'd have wiped the top of my door with pork instead of lamb's blood.........don't tell anyone. We had pork last night. OY VEY! As my sister said.........So much for trying not to be disrespectful.

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun to me. What a cool way to learn about that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding myself singing, "sedar, sedar, sedar - we make it out of clay." Now, THAT's unkosher.

    I'm not sure saying the prayers would have been disrespectful at all. Are they not meant? Do we not praise and thank our God and remember, as do all who look back at that history with soberness, God's deliverance of his people? And do we not need to turn to him now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look on your oldest native's face.

    Good for you! Teaching your kids about Passover.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!