Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Monday, January 4, 2010

I can't write or type 2010.......

I've been writing the number 0 something for ten years so to go and put a 1 instead of a zero is just rankling me. I keep writing 0 and then thank my lucky stars 1 is so skinny as I slip it in front of the 0. Christmas has come and gone and I didn't post much about it for several reasons of which I am not going to go into other than I will say, I believe in miracles and the hand of God.

That said, I've got some really skinny pictures I'm going to slip in here real quick before the 0 because quite frankly.....I'm not ready for the New Year to begin and am rankled that The Natives are back to school and the SM is off to work because I'm finally ready to have Christmas! I like the word rankled.



Homemade gifts. The absolute best. Not that mine are....but I like receiving homemade gifts.



I also like receiving homemade candy, cookies, fudge, TREATS!





May I never look at another cake ball again for the rest of my life! Well, I might try again in a week...beings as it is a New Year and all.





The decorations...some of them.



That are now covered in dust because I refuse to dust the entire month of December.



Or any other months that end in ember or y or e or l or h. Did I miss any?



The rule. You are NOT allowed to do your hair. Brushing teeth is okay as dragon slaying breath tends to melt the tinsel but not the hair! There is ONE, I won't mention who it is.....who breaks this rule every year......vanity.....pfffft!



We put a pickle on our tree and then The Natives look for it. Everyone does this right? Putting a pickle on your tree is normal. Everyone repeat after me: Pickles on Christmas trees is normal.

Thank you!



Guess who found it? Betcha can't guess! Come on. Humor me and just try.



I have been told if Christmas morning arrives without cinnamon rolls I will be replaced. Phew! I thought I was going to have to look for a new job this Christmas.

To counter balance the sweets......we add protein. Lots of protein. I'll show you tomorrow how to make this. That eggy and sausage stuff....not the cinnamon rolls. My bro. in law will have to teach you how to do the other. That or Mrs. Rhoades. I hear her cinnamon rolls are pretty good too.



Homemade gifts. See? I just love them! Especially when my 12 year old gets it into his head to make his secret sibling (Levi) some homemade bean bags that look like sea creatures. We're hoping that now that Levi has his own he'll quit thievin', pilferin', pocketin', pinchin', nickin' bean bags from the school. One can always hope....even if it is fruitless. Speaking of....I've five packs of gum I need to return to the store that he snatched over Christmas break....cuz he likes gum. Even if he thinks it is bubble gum tape when in fact......it's his cousins retainer which just happens to be in a pink container that looks a lot like pink bubble gum tape.



Saw these t-shirts and had to get em' for my boys.



She can take all her brothers with one hand tied behind her back and using just her pinky!



Color! Yarn! Fantastic! I'm gonna make me something out of this. I don't know what yet. When my punk saw this and thought of me and bought it.....well, I'm just sayin'. That's one sweet boy thinkin' about his mum. He scored major brownie points, that he did.



No school, no work, no brain.....no strain. Yeah baby! It's break time!



And with the help of the SM even Levi was getting in on a wee bit of fun!

18 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL. Wonderful. I have to call you. Think I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have I ever commented on here? If not, I'm a total lurker... until today. I just wanted to say a few things. One: your family is beautiful. Two: your neighbors are lucky. (HOLY CAKE BALLS!!) And three: I'm pretty sure we would be real life friends if we ever met.

    Happy 2-0-skinny1-0!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen, Yes, do call me. But make sure what ever you call me it is nice. :)

    Gerb, Hello from one lurker to the other... :D I'm glad you commented and YES, we must meet. I've passed you in the halls at school and smiled silly at you. Next time, I'm gonna walk up to you and freak you out by actually saying, "hi"!!

    A very happy Skinny New Year to you too! Just don't eat cake balls....they lead to much fatness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel those cake balls were to die for. I tried to hide them and not share, it didn't work out.

    I am so glad that you had a Merry Christmas. I too am having a hard time with writing the new date.

    Sidenote** Yes you and Gerb must meet, You are both amazing women.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denae, I'm glad you liked the cake balls. They were fun trying to come up with as many flavors we could think of. There were a few more that I just ran out of steam before we were able to make them. Another time.

    I'm looking forward to meeting Gerb!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can I just say those cake balls were delicious!

    I love watching Levi play the Wii. I can tell he love to play it; especially with his dad's help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jody, WHUU????? I'm not the vain one!!! It's not me. I'M the one who came up with the rule but nooooo SOMEBODY (and it isn't me and I tease him unmercifully about it every year) has to wet down his hair before coming down cuz he knows I'm waiting with the camera.

    Sniff! The very idea that it is me. Look close at the photo. Definetly not me. Bed head all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a LOT of cake balls. Love the yarn. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy, Did you get any of those cake balls or did your kids snarf them before you were able to? The yarn is awesome and I've no idea what I'm gonna make with it but when I figure that out.....you can bet I'll put it on here.

    Jody, LOL! Bingo! You got it. You nailed him. :D Hee! And nuh uhhh. I e-mailed you how to make the cake balls. :) I picked out the important things. Cake balls and hair. As for the pickle....it's a german tradition. A pickle ornament is placed on the tree and Christmas morning the children try to see who can find it first. Who ever finds it gets the first gift. Every year I keep waiting for the, "I neeeeever find the piiiiickle" but so far so good. They are all good sports about it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow I did miss out. look at those yummy treats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alex, YES YOU DID! Good think I know how to make more eh? :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. yes..its a good "think". you know...those would be perfect hospital waiting room treats :) especially since its usually, gma recht, me, and Elizabeth...chocolate lovers :) Not sure I can promise sharing..haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alex, LOL! I've been making horrendous typos all day today. Arrrgh! Sigh.......yes, good hospital waiting room food. I'll have to "think" about that. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay what a fun post! I'm glad you snuck those all in. I especially love the sea creature bean bags. They're so cute and creative!
    I got some yarn for christmas too--a fun gift to get. Love the colors on yours. And I would love to eat some cake balls. I'm imagining them NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gin, Aren't those sea creatures just darling? He came up with those himself and had ZERO and I mean ZERO help from me. In fact, I was at your mom's ornament party and he called asking if he could use my sewing machine. I'm hoping he'll start sewing buttons on all of our shirts and do my mending for me. I hate mending.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that this is one of my favorite posts of yours...I can't explain why, but it is.

    Thanks for the treats at my door this past holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Them are some good looking cinnamon rolls.

    And you're killing me, because every stinking time I have written '10 on my checks, I have led with the "0," said "oh, crap," and had to slip that "1" in before it. All like, I meant to do that. Joe Cool. I haven't been caught yet, but I did just confess. You wrangled a confession out of me--which sort of sounds like "rankled," but not really.

    Okay--getting late, obviously--going to go to bed now.

    :)Lori

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mr. Z, Well, I wish you could tell me! I'd love to know. And you are very welcome for the treats. It was our pleasure and thank you for helping Levi with his zipper today on his coat. Mr. M told me. :D

    Lori, HA! See? I'm NORMAL! I'm not the only one who wrangles and rankles things. Phew! We'll get through this together.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!