Making memories one day at a time.......and then I write about it.

Friday, January 15, 2010

Subliminal Messages

They are out there, all around us, and most of the time I don't notice them. (That's the idea right?) Unless someone points them out and even then I need to have it spelled out for me 99.9% of the time.

Recently, my 11 year old asked if I would get him some gel from the Marts so he could do his hair like a certain teacher he idolizes. We have hair gel but it doesn't make your hair stay spiky cool all day. We needed the good stuff. The kind of stuff that is the mortar that holds bricks together.

Off to the Marts we went and there I sat in the hair gel aisle puzzled looking at all of the different hair gels that promised all of your hair fantasies desires. Which one to choose? I started picking up bottle after bottle reading the different promises each bottle offered not paying attention to brands or other sayings on the bottles. I was looking for mega super glue hold.

I found one that said it had mega mega MEGA hold and decided to try that one. Threw it in my shopping cart and continued with my shopping.

My 11 yr. old was excited to try out the new hair mega mega won't bend in a tornado hold gel so the next morning I squirted a bunch of the blue stuff into the palm of my hand, smeared it through his hair, and we had lift off! Spikes he was proud of. Off to school he went and the bottle was forgotten on the bathroom counter until later in the day when I walked by and saw........truly saw the bottle and what was written on the front and GASP! I could not believe I'd purchased it. The SM commented on it later saying he'd seen it and was shocked I'd bought the stuff. It was such an explicit sexual message I was horrified.

So busy I was reading what the gel stuff did I didn't pay attention to the brand or other things written on the label. I had literally bought an R rated bottle of gel!

And after all that....it still didn't work! And no. There's no subliminal message there for you to read into. This is a PG site. Thank you!

7 comments:

  1. my goodness!!! have you seen the dang pistachio commercials that are on????? they are OBSCENE!!!! anyone???? ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, No I haven't. That bad huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awful! I'll have to make sure I check the labels thoroughly when I shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chastina, Sadly I guess so. Hair gel of all things......

    Jody, LOL! Wal-Mart is getting skanky on us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK now I'm so dang curious about your nasty hair gel!
    And I've seen those gross pistachio commercials Misty. They're totally awful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, It was awful!!

    Gina, You naughty woman you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead..you know ya wanna comment!